Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunshine in the Shadows Block Done!!

I'm thrilled! I finally finished the third block in the Mystery Block of the Month.
I am naming it...
Sunshine in the Shadows ...

for Amber!

I hope you like it Donna!!

When I drew the lines for transferring...
I accidentally drew twice on some
of the flowers.
So I decided to fill those few in with 
the satin stitch.

But once a few of them were done...
they all had to be done.

And you know...
I think it was one of those
happy mistakes!

It really made the little flowers 
stand out on this background...
which was something I was concerned about.

Here's a close-up...

Well...we pulled into Las Cruces last night
about midnight...
after a 13 hour day in the car.

We'll pull into Houston probably in the 
early hours of the morning.
Sigh...
What a week!

I will tell you about my last day in Panguitch...
in my next post.

The Guitar Man is wanting me
to get my boot'a' in the car!

Stitchin' and Travelin' Hugs...
      John'aLee

5 comments:

  1. Love the new block! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much a happy accident John'aLee! That is a darling block. Safe travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John'aLee,
    It is beautiful and what a wonderful name for it! Amber is smiling :) from above!
    Have fun at the quilt show.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I saw it when we met, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE it. You have such great taste when it comes to designing quilts and decorating homes. You did a great job making it stand out on that fabric.

    ~Hugs~
    Halie

    ReplyDelete