Thursday, June 3, 2010

Inspiration from Quilts across the Country!

Seeing we do over 30 quilt shows a year, I am privileged to see a wide range of amazing work. I thought I would pull from my 'picture' stash and show you all some of the fine work I have seen, in hopes to maybe open up your own imagination.
So here goes:
I always feel so humbled and yet so blessed when I walk into a show and see that someone has made a quilt off one of my patterns. This was a Meet Me In Paris quilt (shown above), shown in Bakersfield California.
So that is all for today. I am off to the sewing studio. I paid my youngest daughter and her friend to help me reorganize it a few days ago, but there is still a lot of work I myself have to do. Yesterday I cut out some balloon shades for the windows. Did you all know I used to be an interior designer? That's how I put food on the table when I was left to raise 4 little ones by myself. So yes, I started out making curtains and draperies, but eventually hired a workroom to do all of my sewing so I could get out there and sell. It has been years,since I've taken on a 'drapery' project!
Happy Sewing to you all!
John'aLee

4 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! the girls love the fairytale ones :) I like the meet me in Paris. Guess we'll see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....lots of quilty goodness going on over here...thanks for showing this great quilt parade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John'alee ... Thanks for sharring ... It is amazing to see all the tallent out there... Some quilts are just works of art... What a diffrent twist on "Meet me in Paris"... but, I love the one I bought from you... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your pictures. There are so many talented people in our world...

    ReplyDelete