Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Work in Progress

It's Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story today...
 Go Check It Out Here!


I didn't have a finished project to show....
but it is Tuesday...
and it is with fabric!


The above is my hexagon quilt,
that I am slowly making progress with.
To check out the Tutorial on this....
Go Here!


These are made with plastic templates
and make for an easy project to carry with you.


Now to tell you about my weekend...
Friday morning I headed out to meet a blogger
I met online who only lives about 20 minutes from me.
Confessions of a Fabric Addict 

Of course I got lost getting there....
but once I did find the place...
I was amazed by her beautiful piece of property.
There are hundreds of trees...
and in the back drop is this lovely
Southern Looking Plantation like
two story house.
I was convinced I could just move right in!

Sarah has a Quilt Ministy
and her and her gals make quilts
on a continual basis for those in need.


I am always humbled by those
who do so much for others.
And...
I was thrilled....
to get an invite...
next Saturday...
to her house....
to sew with other like minded ladies!

I so hope I can go.
It is two days before we leave for our Arizona shows....
so we shall see.


Now on Saturday...
I was feeling the need for some inspiration....


A jaunt to the bookstore always
fulfills that need...


So out we went...
that Guitar Man and Me.


This time I managed to get a picture 
of that sandwich I was telling you about...
Honey Pecan Chicken Salad on Cranberry Pecan Bread
I cannot begin to describe...
this divine piece of heaven.


So time to get about my day...
It is cold and snowy out...
a good day to sit and sew..

Cioa...
                      John'aLee

11 comments:

  1. I always love meeting blogging buddies. Your hexies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hexies! Nice to meet a blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh those hexagons are beautiful and since I am such a "foodie" that sandwich looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, love those hexagons you're working on. Pretty fabric choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to meet a blogging friend in person! Love the hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hexagon project!

    That sandwich looks YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hexagons are beautiful! I know you had a wonderful time meeting new quilting friends. The sandwich looks so yummy!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my that sandwich looks so good! We don't eat much bread anymore and just the cranberry bread is making my mouth water. YUM!!

    Sarah is a sweet lady, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an amazing sandwich! I love the hexagon project :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hexagons are just gorgeous!!! How lovely to meet another blogger - I hope you do get to go Saturday, hon!
    That sandwich is making me hungry....

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be great to meet up with a like-minded blogger!
    That sandwich is something else - Cranberry Bread is a new one on me.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete