Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another finished Meet Me In Paris Quilt!

Melissa my sweet and darling daughter in law who I wouldn't trade for anything in the world  is taking her last stitch on her Meet Me In Paris Quilt. What a beaut it is! I am so proud of her.

For those of you who are interested, you can purchase this pattern on our website: http://www.thescrappyappleyard.com/welcome/    Although it looks like a hard quilt, it is actually very easy to make with the EZ Dresden ruler and the EZ Scallop ruler. I even encourage beginners to take it on. The first class I ever taught on it, there was a beginner there who had never even quilted before and she took it on and did a fabulous job.

If you want to read the story behind this quilt and how it came into being go to my "About Us" page on our website:  http://www.thescrappyappleyard.com/dynamic/?page=1

It's late....my son just finished helping me get the pattern cover together for my new Mystery Block of the Month.....Strawberry-Li-Cious. I'll post about it tomorrow. Can't wait for you all to see the finished project. I have more than 250 hours invested in just this first block! Seeing it was my first 'embroidery project' to design there was a lot of trial and error I had to get through.

Until tomorrow....
John'aLee

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!! I love the scalloped edge. It must give you such a sense of achievement to finish a whole quilt. Well done to your DIL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!! I love the scalloped edges. I'll have to take your word on it that it's easy. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John'Alee... What pretty colors... I have a friend who loves blue and yellow... Did your daughter make the quilt as well? If she did she sure has her mother's talent and good for her... :)

    ReplyDelete