Saturday, July 31, 2010

My 48th Birthday

I really tried hard to celebrate my birthday for over a week!

This is the beautiful wall hanging my sister Janet made for me. I was blown away by her work.

She also got me some darling cards and teapot measuring spoons....like I have never seen before. And of course....the master she is at scrap booking she also handmade the card. Thank you sis! I love you!
 For the first time in 12 years...the Guitar Man brought out his guitar and sang me two songs for my birthday. I always was a sucker for a man with a guitar in his hands...let alone one singing a song especially for me.  

He also took me to Vegas for 5 days to the JW Marriott. Because we travel so much we are Gold members there, and had 5 free nights. Awww....a much needed vacation.
My dear friend Nancy met up with us one night for sushi at the Kona Grille. Our birthdays are only 9 days apart so we try every year to celebrate somehow together.

And finally, while we were in Denver doing a show 10 days later, mom and dad took us out to the Capital Grille for a fantastic dinner. What a posh place. There was 'Happy Birthday' confetti all over the table as well as a birthday card from the place. The steak I ordered was $48! And that was just for the steak! Salad, and sides were extra. It was a fun evening. My dad usually signs my card every year, "Love, Dad"...but this year he actually wrote on one whole side of the card. It brought tears to my eyes. And mom too wrote how much she loved me. Never underestimate what it does for someone to literally sit down and write out  your feelings for them. It will make their day.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a great birthday. Hope you have a good year.

    ReplyDelete