Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Meet Me Under The Mistletoe

My 'angel' friend Marla sent me pictures of the new finished pattern....Meet Me Under the Mistletoe. I am tickled pink and feel fairy dusted with goodness! Didn't she do a fabulous job?

So here's the story behind it. I have been working on this pattern off and on for three years. People who have stopped by my studio begged me to finish it, and for some reason I was stuck.  At Quilt Walk, I pulled it out and asked Marla if she would be interested in finishing it up for me. I figured why not? She's pulled me out of so many other things....so I just knew she needed a new challenge!

And boy howdy did she come through. I love you Marla. ( I can't believe I didn't get a picture of her at Quilt Walk....knowing Marla...she wouldn't have let me anyway.)

When the hubby saw the picture this morning...his response was..."hon...I think God sent you Marla!" My response...."hon...you just figuring that out? I knew God sent me this angel years ago!"

So now I am on the hunt for some current fabric lines, so we can get this kitted up for any of you interested out there. The pattern will be ready soon too. I think we are going to remake it in a soft pink and green pastel line too. If you want to get on the list for either pattern or kit, give us a call at the shoppe: (435) 676-8677

You all have a beautiful day out there...and get some stitchin....done.

4 comments:

  1. Hi John'Alee.... What a beautiful quilt.. I just love the colors and a great quilt to put on your bed through the holiday's ....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic!! I look forward to the day very much when I can spread out a finished quilt on my bed like that.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John'aLee! I just composed a long message to you and it has gone for walkabout in cyberspace! So if it turns up - it's me again!!! I was saying how courageous you are to post about your daughter's tattoos - simply because when we publish something on a blog it leaves us open to opinion! My humble opinion is that you are a wonderful mother to take the time to understand what is important to your children, and to accept their views and actions when it's something you're not comfortable with yourself. :-) Beautiful! :-)
    I won't rabbit on and on this time in case this message goes missing too! LOL. Love your quilts sweetie!!!
    Hugs from Australia! Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete