Sunday, August 15, 2010

The BEST EVER Overnight WAFFLE Recipe...


If you are looking for a good Waffle Recipe...I have it for you girls.
This is the recipe I used while the kids were growing up...

Every Saturday night I would whip it up...
Set it on the counter overnight...
And then one by one, as they crawled out of bed
Sunday morning...
I made them each a hot waffle...
Topped with Strawberries and Whipped Cream...
Before heading off to church.

It worked out perfect...
And it will tickle your tummy....
It's so yummy!

The recipe comes from:
The Breakfast Cookbook
by Marion Cunningham
Raised Waffles
1/2 cup warm water
1 package active dry yeast
2 cups milk warmed
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking soda

Use a rather large mixing bowl...the batter will rise to double its original volume. Put the water in the mixing bowl and sprinkile in the yeast. Let stand to dissolve for 5 minutes.
Add the milk, butter, salt, sugar and flour to the yeast mixture and beat until smooth and blended. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand overnight at room temperature.

Just before cooking the waffles, beat in the eggs, and the baking soda, stir until well mixed. The batter will be very thin. Pour about 1/2 to 3/4 cup batter into a very hot waffle iron. Bake the waffles until they are golden and crisp. (My hubby likes them crisp...I actually like them barely toasty and brown).
This batter will deep well for several days in the refrigerator.
Smash up some fresh strawberries, add a little bit of lemon juice and about a tsp of sugar.
Whip some cream...and
ENJOY!!      

4 comments:

  1. WOW! This looks fantastic! I'm hungry all over again! Thanks for sharing and thanks for your visit!
    Have a great week!
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I'd be getting up pretty early if I knew these awaited me!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! Thank you so much for visiting my blog. :) Your recipe looks absolutely yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe looks good and I will try it when I have a bunch around! You are so busy, how do you have time to even read my blog!!

    I love the "Strawberry..." block! Am trying to decide if I have time for one more project! Ha! I can see the mannnnnnnnny hours you have put into the block! I have enjoyed following your process. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete