Tuesday, September 6, 2011

An Interview with Tory and Chris' Brother

I thought it might make it more real
to you all who have so graciously
given your time, energy and prayers 
into our weekend tragedy,
to watch 
the 
interview below
of Tory and Chris' brother
being interviewed on TV
 TV Interview

It's so hard to see my little girl hurting
so badly.


I am so overwhelmed with my own sorrow,
I cannot imagine what she is truly feeling.
 


This morning
I had to drop off a Meet Me In Paris kit
for my dear friend Judy
at the quilt guild meeting
down the street.
Right as we were pulling into the 
parking lot...
the announcement
of Chris' death
was announced on the radio.
I started crying all over again...
and felt kind of foolish walking into the meeting...



But anyway... thank you again so very much
for all you have done each and every one of you
in taking time to remember us in your thoughts 
and prayers over this last difficult weekend.
You will never know how much it has affected us 
and helped us to cope....
 Last night for the first time since
that devastating call from my daughter Saturday morning,
I physically felt like a cloud was being lifted
from my heart.
I know it was everyone's prayers uplifting me.
Oh the amazing power of prayer.
How can we ever doubt it my friends?






7 comments:

  1. This is my first visit. I am so very sorry for you loss. Your daughter and all of Chris' family will be in my prayers.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had you and the families on my mind and have prayed for you all.
    Big Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my dear Johna'lee! How my heart cries for what you and your dear baby must be feeling. I am so very sorry for all of your loss! I am just catching up on some of my friends' blogs so I apologize for not commenting earlier, but please know that I too am adding my heart-felt prayers and sympathy for you and your family. Please accept them with all the genuiness with which they are offered. God bless you all, and God bless Chris' soul in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God will carry you through this most diffucult time John'aLee, Our prayers are with you, and Tory. Chris is not only a hometown hero, but a US hero, who gave his young life protecting our freedom. Sadly, freedom isn't free, and at times seems SO unfair.I hope the healing of your broken hearts will come very soon. With love, Christel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have received the blessings that the power of prayer has offered during a very difficult time of my life when my son died from cancer. I, too, can testify to God's love and faithfulness. Praying for all of you....Leslie in CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine how hard this is for her...I will keep lifting you all up to our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I was reading stories about 9-11. I was already in a melancholy mood when I stumbled upon your blog, almost by accident. Maybe it wasn't entirely an accident. I guess my prayers were needed. Please know I'll be thinking of you, your family and your lose for a long time. Prayers from Sarasota.

    ReplyDelete