Friday, December 24, 2010

A Quilter's Christmas Tea....back at the shoppe!

I wish you all could attend
one of my Quilter's Christmas Tea's~
 
I put a lot of work into them...
and boy do we have some fun!!

First of all...
I had scrolls by each place setting
with a question written down
for that person to answer....

Such as...

What was your first quilt?

Who has inspired you most in your quilting life?

Tell of your favorite Quilting Experience.

etc...


Then it was on to playing  some Quilter's Bingo....

with Buttons!


Ahhh....too much fun!!



Of course....
we had to have prizes...



I read one of those poems...
where every time I said the word "LEFT"
they had to pass their gift to the LEFT...
and every time I said "RIGHT"...
they had to pass their gift to the RIGHT...
Everyone brought a gift....
and this is how they ended up with their gift for the night.


And round and round we went...


Until everyone's gift had it's final resting place...


I somehow didn't get pictures of "The Tea Buffet" itself...

nor did I take pictures of The White Elephant Gift Exchange...

which was a quite a hoot too.

But posting these pictures brings back such fond memories 

of our opening days at the Quilt Shoppe.

I miss my Panguitch Gals!!


Today I have to bake cookies...

and a Squash Casserole...

We are headed over to friends for Christmas Eve...

to play games...

have a feast...

listen to some good music...

the Guitar Man...

is bringing his guitar...

And then tomorrow
will be a quiet Christmas Day.

I hope everyone has a special Christmas!

There's a blogger friend of mine...
who just lost her husband unexpectedly
a few days ago...


in this difficult time.

Merry, Merry Christmas!!!

7 comments:

  1. It sure looks like you had a lot of fun. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas John'aLee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John'aLee... Sounds like fun, what a great friend you are to have a tea party with a white elephant gifts.... You have been a true friend to me this year and I wish you all great Christmas and a Healthy New Year... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blessed Christmas sweetie, I think I need some tea now - that looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas John'Llee!

    How does one get on the invite list for that Christmas Tea.....what fun, I should organize one for my friends next year!

    Best wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you as well. That sounds like a lovely party. What poem were you using for the left, right game?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW it looks like a whole lot of fun. I'd love to join you. Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I hope your Christmas was wonderful too my friend!

    ReplyDelete