Monday, July 22, 2013

The Rancher's Daughter Quilt Along (Week 22) An Amazing Birthday Gift


Happy Monday Everyone!!
I'm in transit on my way home to Nashville after  being away for 1 whole month.
My flight booked me into Las Vegas for 2 nights,
so I'm staying with my 'bestie'!
Miss Nancy!

She picked me up at the airport,
and when she saw how exhausted I was,
she put me to bed,
while she made a delicious healthy supper,
tomato and onion salad from her garden,
roasted squash from the garden too,
and grilled wild salmon,
before drawing me a bath loaded with detoxing
goodies!

I slept like a baby.
She was my angel....as always!

 Well Girls....
The Rancher's Daughter
had another birthday.
(July 6th)
And what a birthday it was!

The amazing gift??

My 12th grand baby was born bright and early that day.
My daughter was scheduled for a C-Section and convinced
her doctor to come in on Saturday to do it.

I was so touched!!

Now daddy didn't want to go in for the ordeal, so I was blessed to see
Little Baby McCoy James Fisher
be born into the world.

(When I get home, I will post pics! Promise!)

I have an easy block for you today.
I was proud of myself for even getting one done,
with all the 'life' that has been happening!
I have so much to share about my trip.

The ole Guitar Man got me a laptop for my bday,
so I'm really hoping this will help me to blog more, 
and keep up with others blogs too!

Cutting Instructions
A Cut (12) 1 ½" X 1½" Squares (Red and White Polka Dot)
  Cut(4) 2 ½" X 2½" Squares (Red and White Polka Dot)
       Cut (4) 1½" X 2½" Rectangles (Red and White Polka Dot)

B Cut (8) 1½" X 1½" Squares (Red Print)

C Cut (4) 2½" X 2½" Squares (Green Print)

Confession:
I was almost through with the block, before I realized that the camera I was using (my son's) didn't have a memory card in it!
Nice John'aLee! Nice!!

So to say the least, there aren't detailed pics on this one.
So sorry, my friends so sorry.

Make (8) A/B Half Square Triangles

Make (4) A/C Half Square Triangles

Lay out block and sew rows together horizontally and then vertically.
And there you have it!!

I'm just waiting for my brother and sister in law to pick me up for lunch here in Las Vegas.
Yeah....that ole bro ...  I've been telling stories on!!

Oodles of Toodles....



6 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks for the easy block! : )
    Hope you had a great birthday. Sounds like you are really getting around, my dear. Safe journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous birthday present! happy happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on that new grandbaby, and happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and Happy Birthday my friend! 51! I don't think I have to ask if 50 was a great year!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12th grandbaby?? No way! You don't look old enough to have any!! Happy Birthday and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have twelve grandbabies...that just isn't fair....congrats!!

    ReplyDelete