Monday, June 17, 2013

The Rancher's Daughter Quilt Along (Oh Brother....go jump off a cliff....) Week 20

Week 20!

That means 20 blocks!!
It's amazing to me when you take a project and just work at it little by little,
even 1 hour a week,
eventually....
it gets done!
And if you never would have dug in....
you wouldn't have the finished project piece!

Now last week, I told a story on my brother.
I have more!
Two that come to mind.

Our ranch house was set up with our kids bedrooms and 2 guest rooms all at one wing of the house.
Kind of like servants quarters ya know....Ha!

Mom and Dad's room was way at the other end of the house.
Which made prime real estate for big brother to rule the roost on our end.

One night, mom came running out of her room frantic, she heard us girls screaming!

She first goes into the kitchen, and finds big brother...
reading his bible no less.

"What is going on?" Mom pleads
Big brother says, "I don't know mom, I'm just sitting here reading my bible.)

As we got into bed, he'd emptied boxes of scrunched crackers into our bed!
Yeah right...reading his bible!

Another thing he was notorious for:

Whenever we had boyfriends coming to take us out, he hung our bras and panties from all the small chandeliers
that hung down the hallway where our bedrooms fanned off from.

So any of you have any 'big brother' stories out there to share??

This week's block is a good 'ole star block.



Cutting Instructions

A Cut (36) 1½" X 1½" Squares (Red - Off White Polka Dot)
B Cut (16) 1½" X 1½" Squares (Green Print)
C Cut (8) 1½" X 1½" Squares (Red Print
D Cut (1) 2½" X 2½" Square (Red Print)




Make 16 A/B Half Square Triangles
Make 8 A/C Half Squares Triangles

Whoops....need 8 more Green ones:

Lay out block:


For Center Block:
Draw a line  diagonally down each 1½ X 1½ Side Squares and stitch on line.





Sew Row 1 and Row 2 squares together all the way down.


Continue with Rows 3 and 4
and Rows 5 and 6

Now sew rows together horizontally:



Wala...finished!!

Hope you all enjoyed!



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a kind, thoughtful brother--not!
    My only brother and I got along pretty well--he was too busy fighting my older sister for control. : )
    Pretty block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really missed out, not having any brothers!! Great tutorial! Super pics and very easy to follow each step. You're a natural! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. John'aLee.... I am SOOOOO far behind on the quilt squares. But, I love that that when I finally get moved into our house and settled in my craft room I will have the most awesome project to work on!!! Maybe I'll be caught up before week 52! Ha Ha! Love the looks of your mystery BOM quilt. Hope you are doing good.... think of you lots and can't wait to get together again! xoxo ~ Dori ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blocks!! How many will there be altogether when this is done? Hope you have a great holiday.Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl, you lined up the polka dots!!! loving the blocks, and the stories are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how pretty JAL...I added a link here for you from my blog....about the hexie hop that will be posted this wed....thought if people wanted some hexies that would ask you...
    just fyi....

    ReplyDelete