Thursday, June 26, 2014

Journaling..... Thinking About Stitchin' and other Happenings

Playing Around With Water Color Pencils
After church Sunday morning, I went down to the Marina here in town,
and sat by the water's edge with my journaling supplies
and whiled the afternoon away.
Awwww I LOVE Tennessee!
On my trip out West the Grand Girls and I  journaled away....
Hung out at Bookstores together
Even got the adults into journaling out in the beautiful Spring Morn...
Walked the Streets of Boise...stopping for Lunch here!
Played Scrabble With the Kiddos....Lots of Scrabble...
Went for Long Walks in the Park...
Solo Lunch Trips....with Time to Sit and Read....
Lunches with My Darling Lil Ashley!
More Journaling out on Ashley's Front Porch! Loved her darling lil house...
It was like a little paradise....
Her Iris' were in Bloom!
And her Peonies...
Lil Heston and I spent a lot of time out in the yard reading....
And Eating Strawberries! They had never had Fresh Strawberries from the fields before!
Ashley working on her Art...
While out on a walk in her neighborhood,
I found this....
A tiny little free library.....
Is that not just the cutest?
 
5 of the 13 Grand Children!
What a ball they are!

I was gone for several weeks!
Denver, North Dakota, Las Vegas and Boise Idaho
 
 
Whew!!
 
Glad to be home!
 
But I did come home so inspired!!

Later Gators....
 
P.S. The sewing machine got fired up this evening. First time in 11 months! Actually since the flood. 
Nope....wasn't me. It was Tory working on a 4th of July Tablecloth out of red/white/and blue bandanas.
I'll show the finished piece next, plus my fabrics I picked up on my trip,
the skirts my bestie and I made for our lil girls and future sewing projects.

10 comments:

  1. I just love those library in the neighborhood. Flickr has a group of them online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh John'aLee...your cup runneth over! Your grand kids are amazing...and you look so happy and far too young to be a grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy. Looks like a delightful trip. Can it be refreshing and also exhausting at the same time?
    I'd like to meet you at a park for a Scrabble game. My Mom and I play every Tuesday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh joy to see you all so happy....great pics..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little library! Good to see you post. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johna'Lee, I think your grand-girls will have THE MOST AMAZING memories of a Gramma that taught and encouraged them to journal. It is the most amazing gift.

    That little library? I read about those once and have thought how cool it would be to have one. Here is the official link to their site all about how it got started, etc.. :http://littlefreelibrary.org. It is the neatest idea.

    Have fun in the Gulf - can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post, your grandchildren are so lucky to be learning to craft from you they must love being with you and having fun.Love seeing the Little Library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful, inspiring and loving post. I am so in love with the way you continually and constantly express your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Miss Johna'Lee! I hope you are doing well and taking care ... I am close enough now to almost call you neighbor! Check out my latest post ... http:// why-knot-kwilt.blogspot.com ... Hugs to you! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete