Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Things I'm Up To in 2014

This is going to be a year full of 'ART' for me.
I am determined.
 Artful Sewing...
 
My Latest Block of the Month I am working to Get Off the Ground
Artful Blogging...
Just look at this lov-er-ly mess....
 Artful Journaling...

Artful Living...
Hanging out at neat cafes around Nashville...
Artful Learning....
 You get the idea.

I for one am joining 
The Artful Readers Club on Facebook.
The way it works is:
You commit to reading 12 books this year,
and  you promise to do not only a short review on each book,
but a piece of art revolving around it as well. Then do a blog post about it and link up.
So My List:
The Night Circus 
Happier At Home
The Creative Journal
Sketchnotes
The Dollmaker
Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore
Housekeeping
Rebecca
I Like To Make Things
Jane Eyre
A Writer's Book of Days
"S"
 
The other thing I am doing this year is the online class:
Do I dare share some of my pages?
Don't laugh...girls and boys....
So let me know if you like posts like this my friends.
If so I will post more.

I have to admit....
hours and hours and hours...
of playful time went into these journal pages.

And for those of you wondering about my sewing.
I am trying to get my "mojo" back.
I'm moving my sewing machine into the living room...
I'm going to pull out some unfinished projects and see if I can't get inspired.

I am definitely going to start back up
The Rancher's Daughter Quilt Along!
Promise!!

Toodles...

22 comments:

  1. I absolutely love looking at all of this!! I love my journals and sometimes need inspiration to get going to make them more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Lovely creative world you have! I recently joined ARC as well! We have one book on our list in common! I see another I would love to read sometime as well!
    Very nice to visit your wonderful blog, I look forward to your reviews and art!
    xoDebi Livsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like time well spent!! What a pretty way to journal your hopes and dreams and adventures! Sewing will take place when you are ready. You are still creating very personal works of art - thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved looking at all of your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved looking at all of your pretty pages! Very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh John'aLee your akways so inspiring, Ive been journelling this year and dabbled in some scrapbooking too...hope the mojo returns....cos that new designs is looking beautiful.....
    Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're going to be very busy this year. I don't journal, but you've been very inspiring so maybe I will start. Yours are so pretty. I read The Night Circus. Loved it, a very interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun journal entries! I'm so boring--I just do mine on the computer--when I think of it. : )
    I've been wondering how you are doing. Is all going well for you in your new digs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to journal artfully - never been creative enough though. I love the thought of "doodling" and felt so inept at it. The last few months I've all kinds of fun with doing chalkboard art and have realized I'm actually kind of good at it! So I may try my hand at some artful journaling because I sure love yours!!! ~ Dori ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may not have your MOJO back but you certainly are inspired. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Book art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your post and your commitment to an artful 2014! May your colors flow gracefully!!! Thanks so much for your lovely comment and your blog visit! ♥ Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journal looks awesome! Sounds like a great year for you. I am looking forward to finishing up the ranchers daughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your journal posts. I bounce back and forth between fabric and paper projects, and love them both. They each require vastly different materials, so working on both at the same time creates space management problems!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your journal post. As Nancy said, there just doesn't seem to be enough time or space to paper craft and fabric craft but a crafter is a crafter. They sometmes even cross the line harmoniously :) It is so good to be able to read your blogs again. You have been missed. Give yourself time, you've had a rough 2013 and alot to work through. We'll all be here - cheering you on in whatever you endeavor. Love'n'hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your journal is fabulous! Can' wait to see all the artful fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning, I so enjoyed reading your post and it looks like you have a wonderful year planned out. your journal pages are amazing . . . they put mine to shame :) I am your newest follower and I can not wait to see what is in store here during 2014. Keep Smiling,
    Your new blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good on your for getting your goals so organised. You've certainly got some kind of Mojo going on here.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your challenge for an "artful" life this year.

    I am headed over to check out the Frog thing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm trying to find my mojo also. Think it is frozen. Beautiful journal. So much more personal than computer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, my goodness, I am so impressed and SEW motivated by your post. Sew much sew, I have to go back and read through it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely!!! Lots of inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete