Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Final Borders on Buttercream Summer

And one border is done!

 And now I see that I need to design something for the 4 corners!
It does leave some amazing space for some awesome quilting....
but I'm afraid it won't be balanced if I don't draw something up to put in there.

So everyone who has signed up until now...
will get the 11th Month Free!

I wanted to show another part of the design process with this border.
After thinking it was done...
I looked at the pot base...
Which at first had no satin stitching.
It needed to be filled in....

So back to the drawing board ...
to see what I can come up with for the corners!

Happy Stitching!

13 comments:

  1. If they were closer I would sniff them...they look sew aromatic...lovely stitching ..lovely choices of colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible quilt!! Stunning!! I also love hearing about the process that takes place when planning blocks!! Very creative!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That design is just fantastic! BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is as pretty as can be! Your designs are the most feminine out there, John'aLee ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is amazing! Absolutely beautiful. It must feel good to have it almost finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh John'aLee ... it is gorgeous! I am slowly working on mine and I LOVE it!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness dear lady! You've been busy and your work is mah-vell-us!!! :) WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SUCH an amazing designer - you consistently knock my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful. I agree, though that something fr the corners is needed. I'd go small with it, though so it's an accent rather than a main design of it's own. Personally, I think the side design should remain the highlight.

    I have no doubt, however, that whatever you decide, it's going to look awesome. Thank you for takin us on this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is truly beautiful! Nice work John'aLee!

    ReplyDelete